Happy hump day friends! The week is rolling by and with the warm weather, it’s hard to find a perfect balance between work and play. I don’t know about you, but I want way more of the latter 😉
I’ve put together a little list of things that help me stay productive when all I want to do is be outside and go on road trips instead of staying inside and working. The good news is that achieving the perfect balance always feels the best.
- Set a few summer goals. Be they fitness, work, or travel related, jot down a couple of things you hope to accomplish this summer, and make working on them them part of your week.
- Wake up early. I know we’re not all morning people (I just pretend to be) but like I’ve mentioned before, if I have 30 minutes of quiet time to enjoy my coffee in the morning and not think about work, I am more productive, which in turn allows for an evening that can be enjoyed.
- Stay active. This is already easier to do in the summer, with water sports, beach walks, and bike rides becoming the norm, but instead of worrying about having to get in shape for the summer, stay in shape all throughout the summer by doing as many of the activities that make you happy as possible.
- See your friends. Summer is the time for catching up! While we do still have to work, things are generally a bit more laid back, and if you’re especially lucky, you get summer Fridays. I unfortunately don’t, but I try to take advantage of the long days by grabbing dinner with someone I haven’t seen in a while every week.
- Take a trip if you can. For me personally, it’s a great way to escape the NYC heat, but in general, it’s just a good time to take a break. This season is synonymous with relaxation.
- Get outside during the workday. This always helps me take a breather and split the day up, so that I don’t feel like I’m stuck inside while summery things happen around me. Take a walk, take it all in, and work won’t feel as tedious.
Have a great day, everyone!