Happy Thursday! It’s been a while since I’ve linked up with Amanda for some random rambles, so today felt like a good day for a comeback!
1. First things first: today I sound like I’m still learning to speak. At the ripe young age of 25, I decided to get braces. I refused to do it as a kid and now here I am, drinking through a straw, eating mashed potatoes (I was secretly looking forward to this), and talking with a lithp. The ones I got are actually behind my teeth, so though they’re not visible, it’s a pretty strange sensation. They went on yesterday…only a year and some to go! :/
2. I’m slowly starting to get over this, but last Saturday, after forgetting our bag in a restaurant during lunchtime for exactly 3 minutes, KV and I had our iPad stolen..by our waiter. It was a completely crazy and mind boggling situation. When we returned for the bag, both it and the waiter were gone. We were initially grateful to him for trying to go “find” us, but alas, the bag was returned sans iPad.
3. I have an actress crush. It’s on Elizabeth Olsen, the younger, more serious (at least acting wise) sister of the Olsen twins, who I admired intensely as a kid. Full House 4ever! I saw a billboard for her new movie with Dakota Fanning, Very Good Girls, last week and am counting down the seconds until I can see it. Despite the fact that every critic hated it, I must watch it. I fell in love with her after seeing Martha Marcy May Marlene, and I can’t get enough! Here’s the trailer if you’re interested:
4. Next week, we’re headed to the Adirondacks with some friends for a little weekend getaway. We rented a cottage with a grill, a fire pit, and a porch. All the things I dream of here in NYC. I’m excited for some summer bbq-ing, a swim in the lake, and a couple of evenings by the fire pit.
5. Remember I mentioned buying a Living Social deal for Paint Nite? We finally went and had so much fun! I highly recommend it for a date night, a girls night, a random weekday get-together, etc. I think our personalities really came through in those paintings, and my attempts to paint the sunset in perfect lines totally shows how type-A I am. I’m working on it. Here are our masterpieces: